Age Management Consultation
What to expect at The Medical Spa
The Age Management Medicine division at The Medical Spa is committed to helping every patient achieve optimal health, well-being and vitality. We strive to restore the body and mind to their optimal state with subsequent emphasis on wellness and prevention. Our journey will focus on nutrition, exercise, optimization of nutrients and optimization of hormones. As a commitment to our patients, your first visit is unlimited in time. You are our priority for the day. You are never rushed because your assessment and education are paramount to your success. Your first visit is unlimited in time and you are our priority for the day. We also offer the option of Virtual Visits for follow-up, so your follow-up visits can be from the comfort of your home.
Dr. Thomas is uniquely qualified to help patients achieve their goals. He is board certified in internal medicine with over 25 years experience. He also trained at Cenegenics with certification in Age Management Medicine in 2012. Having practiced medicine for many years, we realize that simply giving medications for medical problems is not the best answer. Though medications have their role in medical management, we strive to identify and manage the cause of medical problems with emphasis on prevention.
Is HRT right for you?
Take the women’s HRT test today.
Is HRT right for you?
Take the men’s HRT test today.
Your First Visit
Your first visit will include:
1) Body composition analysis. We will determine your weight, BMI, total body water content, body fat mass, % body fat and skeletal muscle mass including segmental analysis.
2) Metabolic Study. This is a 10 minute test which will tell us your resting energy expenditure. We can calculate your resting metabolic rate which will tell us how many calories you burn at rest in 24 hours. This will help us determine your caloric needs whether you need to lose weight, maintain weight or gain weight.
3) Review complete medical history. We will review this ahead of time based on information you have provided and discuss in more detail at your visit.
4) Physical exam tailored to assess for any evidence of vascular disease.
5) Review labs. We will have labs performed ahead of time and review these and the significance at your visit.
6) Review your medical problems and their management. We are not here to take the place of your doctor and we will gladly partner with them.
7) Diet recommendations.
8) Exercise recommendations. We will discuss exercise recommendations based on your current level of fitness. We will discuss both cardio and weight training.
9) Discuss role of supplements. We will make recommendations based on your lab results. We won’t just tell you what supplements are recommended but educate why they are recommended based on actual studies.
10) Hormone optimization. Based on your current symptoms and hormone levels, we will discuss options to optimize your levels with bio-identical hormones. In men, this includes optimization of testosterone and growth hormone if indicated. We do not give growth hormone, but give medications such as Sermorelin (and multiple other newer peptides) which cause your body to increase your natural level of growth hormone. For women, we will optimize levels of estrogen, progesterone, testosterone and growth hormone if indicated.
11) Thyroid optimization. Many patients have been told their “thyroid levels are normal”, but they may not be optimal. We will discuss what is optimal based on your labs and symptoms.
Your first visit is unlimited in duration. You are our priority for the day.
Your first visit must be in person at The Medical Spa.
For your Convenience, We now offer the option of Virtual Visits from home for subsequent visits. This makes follow-up much easier when you travel from a distance or simply want to save time.
We can ship medications and supplements directly to your house. (if you choose)
The Medical Spa
Dr. Thomas is uniquely qualified to help patients achieve their goals. He is board certified in internal medicine with over 25 years experience. He also trained at Cenegenics with certification in Age Management Medicine in 2012.
Having practiced medicine for many years, we realize that simply giving medications for medical problems is not the best answer. Though medications have their role in medical management, we strive to identify and manage the cause of medical problems with emphasis on prevention.
Still Have Questions?
~ Call us at 704.884.2179 ~